Certified Professional Training by Christopher Skinner-Bland at AllStar Gundog Kennels.
Christopher is Ronnie Smith Kennels' first woman and first second-generation apprentice to pass the Advanced Trainer Certification Program. She is now a Certified Professional Advanced Trainer with Team HUNTSMITH. She is also an evaluator for AKC Canine Good Citizen, AKC Trick Dog, and pending AKC Temperament Test.
Training Offered by Christopher Skinner-Bland:
- Formal Pointing Dog Training Class - 90 Days • $1000 Per Month
- Dogs will be trained with the infamous "Silent Command System" - HUNTSMITH levels of formal gundog training.
- Dogs will be trained by Christopher Skinner Bland. She is Ronnie Smith Kennels first woman and first second-generation trainer to earn the prestigious Advanced Level Certification.
- Dogs should be around one year old to attend this formal training.
- Your dog will develop the fundamental bird dog skills and will also be steady.
- Will help put your dog on the right path for a hunting partner, testing and trials.
- 3-month long course where the dog will go through the Foundation, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
- Dogs that go through this training process will be "Green Broke."
- Puppy Development - 30 days • $600 Per Month
- This is a great foundation training that will make sure your dog is on the right track for formal training.
- Building prey drive on live birds, introduction to the field, and preparation for formal training courses are the main objectives of this development course.
- This is more a building on natural ability, no rules, course than a formal training course.
- This development course is highly recommended as a prerequisite before the dog enters a formal training course.
- It is recommended that dogs will be a minimum of 4 months old.
- Older and non-experienced/mature dogs are also welcomed to build prey drive and prepare for the formal training courses.
- Dogs that have not had much, if any, bird exposure would greatly benefit before entering the formal training courses.
- This course is designed to be built upon with the formal training courses without interruption.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Test Evaluation • $20:
- This evaluation is if you have not completed the CGC Skills Course with Christopher.
- This is a mock test to assure that you and your dog are ready for the actual test.
- If certain areas need more work, private training sessions can be discussed.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Testing Fee • $25:
- When you and your dog are fully prepared to take the actual CGC Test.
- This testing fee is only the evaluation fee. If you would like the CGC title to be added as a dog's title or a certificate from the AKC, that is a separate fee paid directly to the AKC.
- This fee is nonrefundable if you do not pass the test.
- Restesting can be scheduled if needed.
To quickly reach us and to book an appointment, you can contact us through many different avenues:
- Boarding and Daycare:
- $40 per night
- $20 per additional dog of the same family
- $25 day care
- $18 a day for a stay of 30 days or more
- Please visit Christopher's Rover profile to see full availability calendar and to book boarding: https://www.rover.com/Sit/SkinnerBland. Use promo code GSPLADY20 to receive a $20 coupon for first time Rover users.
AllStar Gundog Kennels' Cancelation Policy:
- Full refund if appointment/booking is cancelled by 12:00 noon the day before the stay begins (12:00 noon is determined by the sitter's time zone).
- If appointment/booking is cancelled after 12:00 noon the day before the stay begins, 50% is refunded for the first 7 cancelled days. Example: If a 4-week boarding is cancelled after 12:00 noon the day before the stay begins, the dog owner will only be charged 50% for the first 7 days, and will get a full refund for the remaining 3 weeks.
- If appointment/booking is canceled day of, there will be no refund.